- Undertaking technical feasibility tests for augmentation & installation of new 33 /11KV S / S.
- Planning, drawing and designing of buildings and administrative structures at different sites.
- Assist in tendering and bid process management
- Approving the contractor’s work plan and interpretation of designs and drawings of projects after checking their match with the standard specifications required.
- Make estimation and review/ reassessment of cost for such project work
- Participate in giving part of the required inputs in arriving at the estimations made for the specific job to be executed
- Provide work direction as required to project execution of the facility and post completion analysis for either a single, large or numerous related project
- Direct the overall control of contractors work and their compliance requirements.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the contractors and material/ equipment suppliers required to complete assigned projects.
- Ensure all contracts are administered in accordance with IE’s contracting procedures
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
- Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in Carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor degree in related engineering field (Electricity/Civil Engineering)
- Master’s degree in engineering field (Electricity/Civil Engineering) will be an added advantage
- 6-8 years’ experience working in technical/construction projects
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Civil Engineering Design
- Project Management
- Technical Works
- Technical Project Quality Assurance and Control
- Safety and Health Compliance
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus