- Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE)
- Liaise with the Human Resource department to ensure correctness of PAYE computation.
- Liaise with the Treasury unit to ensure timely remittance of PAYE.
- Follow up with the relevant tax authorities on the collection of PAYE receipts.
- Ensure timely filing of annual PAYE returns.
- Follow up on the collection of E-tcc cards for the staff.
Withholding Tax (WHT)
- Liaise with the treasury and other business units to ensure correctness of WHT deductions
- Ensure timely remittances of WHT deductions.
- Follow up on collection and disbursement of credit notes.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Ensure correct computation of VAT.
- Ensure timely remittance of VAT.
- Ensure timely filing of VAT returns
Company Income Tax (CIT)
- Ensure correctness of annual tax computation.
- Ensure timeliness of CIT filing.
- Participating in the various tax audits
- Ensure timely provision of information required for the tax audits.
- Attending to various issues arising from the tax audit.
- Be up to date on all tax laws, enactments and advising the company on the implications.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by Head Management accounting, tariffs & taxation and Head of Department
- This role requires a first degree or its equivalent diploma qualification in Finance & Accounts
- Requires between 4-6 years relevant work experience in an audit/tax firm
- Excellent knowledge of tax laws, tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge and experiences in accounting.
- Have strong and flexible mentoring skills
- Ability to organize and analyse financial information.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to present a professional business image to customers, employees and vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible to learn.
- Good written & spoken English communication skills.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Innovative Thinking