- Develop, implement and manage the compliance framework to achieve the Company’s goal of regulatory compliance at all times.
- Ensure information flow to internal and external stakeholders are reliable, correct and approved in line with regulatory requirements and business sustainability at all times.
- Ensure compliance and timely delivery of all routine and adhoc reports per Ikeja Electric’s regulatory obligations.
- Classify various stakeholders and understand regulatory or contractual relationship (orders, codes statutes or agreements etc.) thereby developing a framework to highlight duties, obligations, roles, penalties, remedies, dispute resolution, risk and mitigation strategy in line with governance and compliance expectations.
- Conduct periodic compliance assessments of the Company’s adherence to laws, regulations, orders, policies and processes.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations.
- Coordinate or oversee regulatory submissions and reporting activities.
- Track all issues referred to compliance up to and including resolution.
- Implement, manage and embed a corporate governance and compliance framework for Ikeja Electric and ensure that there are policies, processes, procedures and risk management guidelines required to maximize shareholders and stakeholder values.
- Support the development and implementation of a culture of governance and compliance at Ikeja Electric in line with the Board approved policies and the Code of Corporate Governance.
- Ensure continuous awareness of all staff and other stakeholders of Ikeja Electric on governance and regulatory requirements – via training and newsletters.
- Develop and review policies and processes.
- Advise Management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations, and their impact through detailed reports/advisory memos.
- Provision of operational support and practical advice, geared towards effective and efficient management of the company’s regulatory compliance risks.
- Develop the Company’s annual Sustainability Report.
- Provide company secretarial support
- A degree in law and professional certification from the Nigerian Law School.
- A minimum of 4 years of cognate experience in corporate governance, compliance, corporate/commercial law or a relevant discipline such as risk management, internal control, ethics management, or internal audit
- Additional professional certification would be an added advantage - ICSA, ACAMS
- Corporate Administration – (Policy development, formulation and implementation)
- Stakeholder management – (Negotiation and Conflict resolution)
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry
- Good knowledge of risk management.
- Strong ability to analyze data, prepare reports, policies, presentations and legal opinions
- Good knowledge of key regulatory requirements as it relates to the business
- Good investigative skills
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – especially, Excel, Power point and Word
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus